Friem is the first company in Italy and one of the Leaders in the world for designing High Power Converters – Diodes, Thyristors or IGBTs type – with the most advanced Digital Regulations and electronics. In 1974 FRIEM started the production of Air Cooled Diode Rectifiers for Traction applications. Nowadays besides its standard line of traction converters in fixed or withdrawable execution, FRIEM also provides a complete line of inverters and bidirectional converters based on thyristor or IGBT technology, to comply with the recent requests of braking energy regeneration.
FRIEM’s Traction Converters fully comply with IEC 60146 – ANSI/IEEE standards and the most severe standards for heavy traction duty. Main characteristics are:
- Connection: 6/12 pulses Bridge, series or parallel, with or without Inter Phase Reactance.
- Semiconductor type: Diode.
- Cooling system: AN, AF.
- Diode redundancy: N-1 or N-2.
- Control Panel.
- Fuse Protection.
- Press Pack Diodes assembling.
- Execution: fixed or withdrawable.